If you’re about to add a pool to your Sunshine Coast yard or garden, you’ll soon find that it’s a bit more complicated than picking out a rectangular shape and digging up some dirt. Designing your ideal pool should take time and careful planning, especially if you want it to be a show-stopping central feature of your home. Here are some ideas to get you started!
10 Tips for Designing your Ideal Pool
1) When designing your ideal pool, plan to build the pool in a part of your garden that won’t section off a whole portion of the yard.
2) If you have a smaller area, build the sides of the pool against your boundary so that you can use it as part of the sides or fence.
3) Think about where you would like the entrances when designing your ideal pool. You should only need one or two gates.
4) You should also position the pool somewhere where it’s visible from the main living areas of the house. This way, you can always keep an eye on the children and look out on it as a feature.
5) Think about how you would like to use your pool. When designing your ideal pool, take into consideration whether you will use it for laps, leisure or a place of fun for the kids.
6) Design and build with the kids in mind – when they’re grown up they’ll bring the grandkids, and if you sell, your home will appeal to families.
7) While a diving pool may seem like a fun idea, it may be difficult to do in your backyard. Instead, when designing your ideal pool, think about your space and what type of pool would suit the area best.
8) Everyone will always congregate in the areas where you can sit or recline in the water, so take extra care here and go the extra mile with steps and bench areas.
9) If you’re including a spa or a set of steps, build them within the pool itself, or part in and part out.
10) When designing your ideal pool, place the pool fence gate and steps in line with the house door. This will make it easier to come out of the pool and into the house.